Monday, September 19, 2011

I wanna be a Creep!

Creepers, I don't know why but I love them so much. They're super chunky just short of clunky and look all around bad ass bordering on rock star/grunger.
The term "creeper" comes from "crepe-soled" and was a loafer with a flat platform. The 2011 creeper can be anything from a flat form loafer to a loafer-gone-sexy wedge (this is what I'm into). Check out the evolution of creepers from vintage to ska/punk/rocker to sexy (and still rocker).

Vintage creepers via Wikipedia

LF creepers from the super cute Karen of www.wheredidugetthat.com/

Crazy Jeffrey Campbell creepers from www.shopnastygal.com

I wish! Burberry creepers

I very similar interpretation from Aldo Roder for only $130 (also in leopard)

Jeffrey Campbell Warning, currently available at Envi Shoes

So I'm gonna try to get myself either the JC or Aldo version of this shoe. And as a cheap girl, I'm prepared to wait till they're out of season and get them on sale. You gotta do what you gotta do!

No comments:

Post a Comment