Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Anticipation!

This past June on my honeymoon my husband and I both read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. What a page turner! We both loved it and I bought the second book, The Girl Who Played with Fire, in the airport on the way home and knocked out 400 pages! (The second book is def. my favorite)
The American version of the first book is coming out in December and boy can you say excited? The cast looks fantastic w/ Daniel Craig playing the male lead and Rooney Mara as the female, Lisbeth Salander.

Rooney's transformation, just going by looks, is truly remarkable.

http://www.dragontattoo.com/

That is one heck of a committed actress! Her Swedish accent sounds great from what I can tell in the extended trailer.

Everything about this film is incredibly stylish so far, from the snippet of the score by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross (who also did the Social Network score which Mara was in), to the viral marketing, to the actual marketing, and beyond. I have highlighted some of my favorite pieces below.


An unused/alternate poster


Oct issue of Empire Magazine

Love the styling/costumes

There's a haircut you don't see everyday!

Here are some styles that I think evoke the atmosphere (not necessarily that Lisbeth would wear) of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo 2011.


DSquared2 spine shoes

Topshop Unique SS12
"Scan" from Marie Claire Oct '11

No comments:

Post a Comment